Monday 27 June 2011

Glas-tonbury I can feel your halo.

Currently almost crying, unable to move or speak. Watching B.eyonce.
Glastonbury rules all festivals. I have not replied to my sisters gloating texts- probably sent while rolling around in the mud watching Two Door Cinema Club.
I'm sorry, but Britain is not a meritocracy. You can not get Glastonbury tickets regardless of class or background. What about it you don't have any money? I am officially declared; as a student..the underclass. Next time I won't spend as much money at Topshop and go to Glastonbury instead. Except I doubt Beyonce will be there, so maybe I won't go. 
The music industry is still very much alive and kicking with proper talent, I am pleased to observe. 
There are different categories of musical artists really aren't there. The credible and the not. The credible- Beyonce (sings live with a voice like not many heard before in real life, Queens of the Stone Age- musicians. The not- Cheryl Kerl, The Saturdays (although I like them) are really just brands. They serve a purpose to endorse products and for advertising. But why compare and judge? Why not just enjoy the fun of manufactured pop, which really is brilliant to dance around your room to or sing along to in the car and save the real artistic appreciation for the credible musicians? Judge in different ways. I will judge Cheryl Kerl on what she looks like. Because I don't judge her singing ability when she is forced to sing live. I will judge Queens of the Stone Age on live performances and song writing skills because I don't judge their private lives. But to be fair..I will judge Beyonce on everything, but only because she has achieved a standard above all the rest in everything.
That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment