Monday 11 July 2011

Wham, bam...thank you glam.


You know something’s wrong when your only reliable source is George Michael. 

A short film was shown on BBC news where Rebekah Brooks told MPs in 2003: "We have paid the police for information in the past."

Only to backtrack and state her comment as a ‘general assumption’ that was not directed at any particular event and actually..isn’t remotely true at all.

The more likely situation would be ‘turning a blind eye’. 

Thanks to George Michael our suspicions have been confirmed as he tweeted..

‘Rebekah Brooks sat two feet from me in my own home and told me that it was never the public that came to them with information on celebrities, and that the Police always got there first. I think that’s enough to be going on with. (Don't ask me how she got there)..Believe me I didn’t invite her.’

There is some reason why she has not been sacked. Or why she is not in the slightest bit of trouble. Regardless of her actual personal involvement in the entire scandal, as editor of the paper at the time surely it was part of her job description to ensure the staff were behaving? Does anyone think she never asked questions about where the journalists were getting their strangely insightful stories and information from? Piers Morgan was sacked following the fake photos in Iraq, I'd say this is a more serious event if not at least on par. 

#brooksismurdochssecretchild?

#rebekahknowsmurdochbigsecret?

#plantojoinforcestotakeovertheworldstartingwithBSkyB?

The opportunities are endless. I’m sure The Sun will have a lot of fun with it over the next few weeks. Oh..wait..maybe not.

 There’s a brilliant business idea right there. Jilted employees of NoW? That would be one way of getting your own back.

No comments:

Post a Comment